- Feature - Hell Just Got Louder
- Feature - Siem Reap to Bangkok by Taxi
- Feature - Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Road to the Mountaintop
- Feature - Campervanning Across New Zealand
- Feature - Sandy Does Swindlehurst
- Feature - Penn Jillette
- Feature - Black Cat and White Dog Search for the Meaning of Life
- > Columns
- TODAY'S NEWS AND HOOTS
- Notes From A Polite New Yorker
- The Guys You'll Meet on Earth, But Not in Heaven
- The Shameful Truth
- Pulling At The Fringes
- These Altered States - America Trying to Become Itself
- Tommy Digital's Pussy Cocktails
- Frankly Speaking
- Campus Croons From the Middle of Nowhere
- Writing for the Sake of It
- The Octopus Files
- Void Creation
- Wasims Rants
- Slippery Id
- > 2008
- > 2001 - 2007
- > January 2009
- June 2009
- Kotori Audio Pix - August 09
- Feature - DREDG : The KOTORI Video Interview
- > July / August 2009
- Feature - Fahrenheit 911: Is it all Just an Illusion?
- > October 2009 - 2010
- Feature - Citizens United and The Chamber of Congress
- Feature - Dreamend: The Kotori Interview
- > January 2011
- August 2008
- > September 2008
- CDz BOOKz and DVDz - September 08
- Black President (VIDEO)
- June 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- May 2008
- January 2008
- February 2008
- July 2008
- Feature - Richard Taylor To The Max
- RNC COVERAGE...SORTA
- Feature - Marty Beckerman's Amazing Testicles
- Feature - Brendan Canning
- > October 2008
- > November 2008
- Feature - Consent of the Governed
- Feature - The White Voters Burden
- Feature - McCains America
- Feature - Sen Dog
- CDz BOOKz and DVDz - October 08
- Art of Nancy Baker
- What's Bots & What's Rot
- Feature - Best Superhero Adaptations
- Feature - Tobacco Speaks
- Feature - Cinema 16 Returns For A Sequel
- Feature - Positive Vibration
- Feature - House of Cards
- Feature - All Together Now
- Feature - Roasting the Pigs of War
- Feature - Ex Post Facto
- Feature - Detroit is Burning
- Feature - Kottonmouth Kings
- Feature - The Paintings of Steve Smith
- Feature - The Beat Goes On
- Feature - 666 Reasons Sentient Citizens are Still Celebrating the Long Overdue Departure of George W. Bush
- Feature - The Real Kevin Coughlin
- Feature - Memorial Day for the U.S. of A.
- Feature - The Times They Are A-Changin'
- Feature - The Art of Victoria Horken
- Eating Like a Tibetan
- Feature - A Chat with Captain Puscifer
- Feature - 2010 Adult Entertainment Expo
Looking back on two of LA's finest underground jams.
â€œI got into a lot of trouble but never got caught. I think art changed my life. I remember roaming the halls listening to Blackmoon, Del, Hiero, and KRS ONE."...
Only an organized effort by all people of the world can bring about world peace. Our leaders are too busy trying to be heroes--Preaching piety, but practicing hypocrisy....
Murder! The number of homicides (600+) in 2002 Los Angeles was almost twice the figure seen just two years ago.. The post-riot unity has faded away.....
Article from The Book Los Angeles....
...interview with outsider artist thh70......
MC"S taught me about world corruption Black Power, Pride, Self Destruction MC'S got free speech MC'S can still teach MC'S the voice of the youth when we speak.....
Everyday in LA offers the gamutâ€¦7 days a week you can hit the streets.. Night clubs, open mics, art openings, museums, Premieres, film festivals, CD Release parties, AA meetingsâ€¦ Sunset Strip to Chinatownâ€¦How do you want it? Underground or glamourous, jiggy or artsy, pious or sexy......
I am alive in Los Angeles! I am alive in Los Angeles here in the wild wild west. As the warm wind hits my face I walk across stained concrete. I cry tears of joy on Flower Street.....
Ratpack Slim, nobody writes more poems than him....
The emerging superstars of the new American avant-garde are visionary vanguards bringing headcharge questing for satori through art, music & poetry......
In these times of jihad, Jerry Springer & catastrophes, people are searchin'.. All forms of spirituality are flourishing. Especially nontraditional forms like the Pentecostals, psychics, astrologers, tarot card readers & other purveyors of the paranormal......
Pop! Pop! Pop! Popular culture, paparazzi Popular operas MTV.. Longevity is fleeting in the Age of icon backlash.....
When you hear their pounding music youâ€™ll recognize it, but if you saw Daft Punk in person youâ€™d never know. They make their public appearances dressed as robots....
Step into the arcade at Wilshire & Alexandria in Los Angeles' Koreatown to see the new face of the Pacific Rim. Black, Latin & Asian kids take turns dancing on the new interactive video game "Dance Station 3DDX."...
Phillip Martin never sleeps. As a renaissance artist -â€“ poetpainter -- the muse keeps him busy. His Afro-Blues-PoP-Poetry is a response to his daily life....
PALM TREES ARE SWAYIN' in the wind as the sunset begins It's Twilight on Franklin. Valet parkers grin checkinâ€™ Hollywood women. It's Twilight on Franklin....
Los Angeles club culture is burning like a Firecracker. People are loving the euphoria...
The 21st Century man will be more magnanimous than any man in previous history...
Density entwines webs of parallel existence thick in the heart of the inner city...
Carmel conifers amidst cliffside cabins, moist mist in Monterey...
The cultural renaissance is here in Los Angeles. It's ART: music dance spoken word painting photography: creativity propelled with gravity....
The Spirit Joins The Flesh So All Elements Can Positively Mesh Time & Space Is A Treble Clef From The Deepest Darkest Depths Of The Egyptian Breth I Confess The Need To Address The Higher Laws Of Cause & Effex...
I had a dream about hip hop it wont stop it donâ€™t stop What gotcha doing the pop lock body rock? check the props that need to be given to disco reggae punk rock...
I've seen the best minds of my generation. It hurts its so beautiful That universal, soulful, multicultural Emerging worldwide tribe people....
The Silver Lake district of Los Angeles has it's own facility of the DWP. Only rather than the Department of Water and Power, it's the Department of Water and Poetry. The ringleader is Larry Jaffe....
Besskepp is a poet with an MC mentality. Right now! Raised on hip-hop but still literary. Back then!...
I want my freedom! I need my freedom! Gotta have my freedom! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Sky-high 20 floors above Hollywood......
Is Jay-Z a hustler or a hero, a renegade or a capitalist, or both? The jury is still out. For now he remains the "king of hip-hop."...
1 2 total: 31 | displaying: 1 - 30
mike sonksen Mike Sonksen, also known as, Mike the Poet, is widely acclaimed for his live performances, contributions to international publications & legendary city tours. Poet, journalist, historian, tour guidteacher, he's published in the L.A. Citybeat, O.C. Weekly, New Angeles, L.A. Weekly & many others. This 3rd generation L.A. native graduated from U.C.L.A. in 1997. His book I AM ALIVE IN LOS ANGeLES! has been added to the curriculum of several universities & received rave reviews.