- > Columns
- TODAY'S NEWS AND HOOTS
- Feature - Penn Jillette
- Feature - Siam Reap to Bangkok by Taxi
- Feature - Black Cat and White Dog Search for the Meaning of Life
- Feature - Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Road to the Mountaintop
- Feature - Reasonable Doubt
- Feature - Sandy Does Swindlehurst
- Feature - The Giving Lens Gets Focused
- Notes From A Polite New Yorker
- Tommy Digital's Pussy Cocktails
- The Octopus Files
- Wasims Rants
- The Guys You'll Meet on Earth, But Not in Heaven
- Slippery Id
- The Shameful Truth
- Writing for the Sake of It
- Void Creation
- Frankly Speaking
- Pulling At The Fringes
- These Altered States - America Trying to Become Itself
- Gupta Goes Greek
- > 2008
- > 2001 - 2007
- > January 2009
- June 2009
- Kotori Audio Pix - August 09
- Feature - DREDG : The KOTORI Video Interview
- > July / August 2009
- Feature - Fahrenheit 911: Is it all Just an Illusion?
- > October 2009 - 2010
- Feature - Citizens United and The Chamber of Congress
- Feature - Dreamend: The Kotori Interview
- > January 2011
- August 2008
- > September 2008
- CDz BOOKz and DVDz - September 08
- Black President (VIDEO)
- June 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- May 2008
- January 2008
- February 2008
- July 2008
- Feature - Richard Taylor To The Max
- RNC COVERAGE...SORTA
- Feature - Marty Beckerman's Amazing Testicles
- Feature - Brendan Canning
- > October 2008
- > November 2008
- Feature - Consent of the Governed
- Feature - The White Voters Burden
- Feature - McCains America
- Feature - Sen Dog
- CDz BOOKz and DVDz - October 08
- Art of Nancy Baker
- What's Bots & What's Rot
- Feature - Best Superhero Adaptations
- Feature - Tobacco Speaks
- Feature - Cinema 16 Returns For A Sequel
- Feature - Positive Vibration
- Feature - House of Cards
- Feature - All Together Now
- Feature - Roasting the Pigs of War
- Feature - Ex Post Facto
- Feature - Detroit is Burning
- Feature - Kottonmouth Kings
- Feature - The Paintings of Steve Smith
- Feature - The Beat Goes On
- Feature - 666 Reasons Sentient Citizens are Still Celebrating the Long Overdue Departure of George W. Bush
- Feature - The Real Kevin Coughlin
- Feature - Memorial Day for the U.S. of A.
- Feature - The Times They Are A-Changin'
- Feature - The Art of Victoria Horken
- Eating Like a Tibetan
- Feature - A Chat with Captain Puscifer
- Feature - 2010 Adult Entertainment Expo
ONE DAY AS A LION - The KOTORI Review (w/videos)
So here we are again, on this hot day in L.A. ONE DAY AS A LION.
in the shade.
beads of sweat running down everyone's necks.
sneaking into their ass cracks.
and in front of us stood a building.
a relatively small building.
with relatively small windows.
and no air conditioning.
wall to wall people.
sun baking through the thick double paned glass.
10 degrees hotter inside that building
than it was
in the shade
outside that building.
and we couldn't wait.
about 300 of us.
to get in.
the eagle rock performing arts center.
i inhaled three red keg cups of water in 19 seconds flat.
i took my spot a few feet back from the 'stage.'
on the left side.
chatted a bit with a distant cousin.
who was kidnapped by a band of locusts.
he was now
behind the yellow caution tape.
we bobbed our heads
to the furious noise punk sounds of the 'holloys.'
he then disappeared upstairs.
in the back of the house.
and the place went quiet.
and someone found a window that actually opens.
and a few of us near that window had orgasms.
and we waited.
and i looked around.
and people were buzzing.
something we had never seen before.
and then i heard cheering.
and i turned my head towards the back of the house.
and there it was.
i saw it.
i swear i saw it.
i saw an afro.
just an afro.
making its way through the crowd.
and that afro took the mic.
and that afro proclaimed…'is it really this fuckin' hot in here or is this just me turning 40?'
and we roared!
'YOU STILL FUCKIN' ROCK!'
and then they did.
they fuckin' rocked.
AFTER DARK MY CITY'S A FUSE!!!
WE LIVE AS A LION!!!!
zack de la rocha was that afro.
on the mic.
joey karam (the locust) was that distant cousin.
on the keys.
and jon theodore (the mars volta) was the octopus.
on the skins.
and it was one day to remember.
in los angeles.
ARE YOU A MINUTEMAN?
WAIT A MINUTE MAN!
TALK LIKE THAT MIGHT LIMIT YOUR LIFESPAN!
the ferocity of the drumbeats
perfectly matched the insanity of the squeals
and melodically rhythmic static
coming from the keyboards
that were flawlessly complemented
by the commanding flow
coming from the blessed vocal chords
of the rage against the machine front man.
the one i first saw in 1992.
in a building not much bigger than this one.
with a crowd not much larger than this one.
only i was 15.
AND WHEN OUR CUBS GROW
WE'LL SHOW YOU
WHAT WAR IS GOOD FOR!
but we were buzzing then too.
and we had a feeling about them too.
and they turned out to be rage against the machine.
so here we are again.
on this hot day in L.A.
ONE DAY AS A LION.